Thursday 13 September 2012

Haydon News Contents Page


This is my contents page for my magazine 'Haydon News'. Firstly I placed the masthead at the very top of the page so that it strikes the audiences attention. As I aim for the title to be the first sentence to be read I can then interpret that the audience will have a clear understanding what the page consits of before they have to read any further. I stuck to just a plain black title as I wanted to keep to the house style of just blue white and black so that it sticks to a professional standard/look. If I contained several new colours that I didn't include on my front cover it would start to look to complex and tacky.

 
Furthermore I decided to make the page numbers a different colour and larger font as I personally believe page numbers are a key aspect as it's essential when producing a magazine. My reason for making the page numbers a larger font is because my magazine is aimed at the ages of 11-17 and all reading abilities. Therefore I wanted to be certain that the target audience didn't have to struggle tyring to make out what number is stated etc. Similarly the use of a different colour emphasises where the audience has to navigate to find a particular page.

 
I choose these particular pictures to be used on my context page as they give the audience a small insight about what may come up further on in the magazine. Therefore they can interpret what the rest of the magazine may include without having to read on. All the pictures were taking in the Haydon car park as the magazine is based on Haydon School hence why I wanted to group everything together.

 
Lastly I included the website address so that if the audience/reader wanted to find out more or further information they can simply and easily quickly type in the web address to find out the information they needed. It's a simple and easy way to navigate to a web address fast and effectively. 

No comments:

Post a Comment